Brand consultants help companies gather insights, develop strategies, and design brands that drive results. These brands are built to stand the test of time and leave a lasting impression in the minds of the prospective customer. They blend data-backed research, intuition, and creativity to shape strategy and motivate people to take action.
The best consultants are strong researchers who know how to assess the strength of a brand and identify areas of opportunity in a competitive setting. They understand marketplace trends and can use this information to define areas in which to separate one brand from the competition. Brand consultants are experts at building meaningful connections with target audiences and ensuring that every brand touchpoint is powerful and consistent.
Why You Need a Brand Consultant
Although sometimes referred to as brand marketing consulting, brand consulting isn’t just about external marketing or graphic design. The job goes much deeper into the internal organization of a company.
Here are just a few reasons your business may benefit from a brand consultant:
- You’re going through a period of change. Whether you’re launching a new product, moving locations, or going through a merger or acquisition, a brand consultant will help redefine your brand in a meaningful way.
- You sense that your brand isn’t working hard enough for you. Your brand is defined by what consumers think about when they see your name, symbol, or marketing messages. If those thoughts aren’t positive or relevant, your brand may need an overhaul.
- Your category is shifting. Are competitors in your industry evolving? Is the culture at large going through a big change that affects your category? If so, a brand consultant can help you come out ahead.
- You’re operating on gut feeling only. The most successful brands use a data-driven approach for key decisions. Stop making random marketing decisions and start using data to get and track real results.
Things to Consider Before Hiring a Brand Consultant
If you identify with any of the reasons listed above, it may be time for you to engage a brand consultant. But it’s important to do your homework ahead of time to build a strong partnership and derive the best results.
These are a few questions to ask yourself before getting started:
- What is your overall growth thesis?
- What is your product or service roadmap? (What do you currently offer? What do you plan to offer?)
- What are the core elements or desires for your internal company culture?
- Who is your target audience? What do you know about them? How do they make decisions? What are their needs? What other brands do they consider?
- Who are the important internal stakeholders in a branding process?
What to Expect From Hiring a Brand Consultant
Every recommendation made by your brand consultant should be backed by research and data. When they do their job well, they’ll help create a strong brand that impacts just about every key element of your business.
Here’s what you should expect when you hire a brand consultant or engage in a brand development exercise (or ‘rebranding’):
- Research, strategy, and design services
- Increased revenue and growth across key financial metrics
- Enhanced talent acquisition and retention
- More efficient and effective marketing program
- Greater price elasticity
How to Choose the Right Brand Consultant for You
Keep in mind that not all brand consulting firms are created equal. Make sure you compare options and find a brand consultant that matches your needs.
Consider these questions as you shop around for the right consultant for your brand:
- Do they understand or have a process to understand your brand?
- Do they have experience in your category?
- Do they have experience outside your category (is their focus too narrow)?
- Do you have chemistry with the project team?
- Are they the right size for your company? Not too big that you get lost, not too small that their capabilities are limited.
- Do their success stories include positive business results?
Hire a Top Brand Consultant Today
The right brand consultant will use insight, strategy, and design to help your company increase revenue, become more efficient, gain price elasticity, and more. If you’re ready to develop a brand that drives results, contact Finch Brands today.
We’ve helped many organizations build lasting brands, from the inside out. Get in touch to learn more about our end-to-end brand development and management services suite.